Here Are the Winners of the 2022 Hugo Awards
The winners of the 2022 Hugo Awards were announced Sunday, September 4th in a ceremony at the 80th WorldCon— named ChiCon this year— in Chicago, IL. The event was hosted by authors Charlie Jane Anders and Annalee Newitz.
The Hugo Awards, science fiction’s most prestigious award, were first presented in 1953 and have been presented every year since 1955. The winners are people or works from the previous year and are determined by the World Science Fiction Convention— or WorldCon— members.
The 2022 Hugo Award winners are as follows:
A Desolation Called Peace by Arkady Martine (Tor Books)
A Psalm for the Wild-Built by Becky Chambers (Tordotcom Publishing)
Wayward Children by Seanan McGuire (Tordotcom Publishing)
BEST GRAPHIC STORY OR COMIC
Far Sector by N.K. Jemisin, art by Jamal Campbell (DC Comics)
LODESTAR AWARD FOR BEST YOUNG ADULT BOOK
The Last Graduate by Naomi Novik
You can read about all the other categories and the finalists in all categories at Tor.com.
Find more news and stories of interest from the book world in Breaking in Books.
Also In This Story Stream
- Ken Follett Releasing New Novel This September
- The Best Books of 2022, According to Reddit
- Meet the New Words Added to the Official Scrabble Dictionary
- The Bestselling Books of the Week, According to All the Lists
- Freedom to Read Advocacy Institute for High Schoolers Accepting Applications
- ARE YOU THERE GOD? IT’S ME, MARGARET Official Trailer Released